Translate

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Conjuring Up $3 Witch Hat

It's that time of year again.....time to hall out the orange and black plastic bins and spook the halls. If you are anything like me, it doesn't matter how much your Halloween bins bulge with freakish delights, you still have to make a new craft to add to your collection.
This afternoon I picked up a black sheet of poster board, a couple sheets of scrapbook paper, plugged in my glue gun and conjured up a $3 witch hat.
 First I cut the pieces out to make the hat out of black poster board. I wish I had a template for ya....if you go on pinterest there should be a couple DIY's to help you figure it out. Next I covered the pieces of the hat (prior to assembling) with scrapbook paper using a good old glue stick. Then is was time to assemble the hat and give it some pizazz. I found the cutest polka dot crepe paper at Hobby Lobby that I used for the trim.....polka dots make me happy. It's even fun to just say "polka dot" :)  The little froggy graphic is from, where else - The Graphics Fairy. Everything else is just extra trims and ribbons I had hanging around my craft room. I think it's rather cute :)

 Now I call that 3 bucks well spent!

No comments:

Post a Comment